Страницы

понедельник, 12 января 2015 г.

WTTD 5 - 3 ways of dealing with disappointment

I guess the idea of not expecting anything from people was open to me some time ago, and, must I mention, I loved it so much, that I tried hard and hard not to expect to protect myself from disappointments. But the more I tried, the more difficult it became, and I found myself disappointed in myself. I've come to realize that not expecting anything is not a natural process for me by now, but it can be a result of the few basic principles that I can set up in my head, eventually they will connect:

1. Have no regrets. This comes almost natural to me. I just keep refreshing it in my head from time to time not to forget what kind of person I am, what main principles lead me in life. Having no regrets eases the fear of being wrong or disappointed in life and can help to deal with already occured disappontments. Everything happens for a reason - I constantly repeat to myself. 
2. Let go. We talked about it in my previous blog but, I guess, not staying attached to those disappointing moments for a long time and letting go fast really make life easier. More than anything it can be hard for people like me who just like to think about same problem over and over again. 
3. Forgive.  If it's easy for you to forgive people, it will be easier not to expect things from them. I must mention that forgiveness is a part of letting go, but should be always remembered as a separate unit. 

I've come to realize that not expecting anything is not a natural process for me by now, but it can be a result of the few basic principles that I can set up in my head

All these 3 things might lead you to the most important skill: not to expect, or just simply ease your life:) I hope this is helpful!

Love,
Anya

Комментариев нет:

Отправить комментарий